Historical Society, Mr. Chad Boorsma has inventoried and documented our historical instrument. All of the information below is courtesy Mr. Boorsma of the organ historical society:
W. W. Kimball Co., 1902 . This installation by Unknown Builder, 1945
OHS Database ID 50033.
The organ is at the front of the room, and some pipes are exposed. Traditional style console with a keyboard cover that can be lifted to form a music rack. The organ has an attached keydesk.
Two manuals. 3 divisions. 10 stops. 10 ranks. 579 pipes. Manual compass is 61 notes. Pedal compass is 30 notes.
Tubular pneumatic key action. Pneumatic stop action.
Drawknobs in horizontal rows on terraced/stepped jambs. Balanced swell shoes/pedals, standard AGO placement. No combination action. Flat straight pedalboard. Crescendo Pedal.
The organ was purchased for $2,000 and was dedicated with a program that included Dr. Louis Falk, organist from Chicago, and Miss Clara Maentz, soloist from Allegan. The instrument was moved from the back wall of the chancel to the right side during a sanctuary remodeling project in 1945. This is also the time that the speaking, stenciled facade pipes were moved into the chamber. According to church records, the organ was “completely rebuilt” in 1956. (Chad Boorsma. 2012-07-20)
Stoplist taken from the console (July 13, 2012)
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
W. W. Kimball 10 ranks 1902
GREAT: SWELL: FOOT LEVERS (left to right):
8′ Open Diapason 61 8′ Open Diapason 61 Swell piano
8′ Melodia 61 8′ Stopped Diapason 61 Swell forte
8′ Dulciana 61 8′ Salicional 61 Great to Pedal
4′ Principal 61 4′ Flute D’Amour 61 Great forte
8′ Oboe & Bassoon 61 Great piano
16′ Bourdon 30
[Received online from Chad Boorsma • July 21, 2012]